Gecko's Advent Calendar: Charity vs Amazon, Day 12

Der König der purpurnen Stadt - Rebecca Gablé Der Sterne Tennisbälle - Stephen Fry, Ulrich Blumenbach Eine Geschichte von Liebe und Finsternis : Roman - Amos Oz, Ruth Achlama

December 12,

The day after and I'm tired but very happy. It was a huge surprise for my colleagues and most of them liked it. No one knew about GR before but that was expected. Most likes the idea and i had to endure some jokes. "Do you have now shelving space anymore?" "Do you quit reading?" My boss wanted to have my BL address and maybe she is spying just now. Hi, E. ;)

I have some books left in my locker because some people couldn't be there... and I have to buy some more, Mostly for my family and me of cause.

The books for today are all gone now, and in new caring hands:

Rebecca Gablé - "Der König der purpurnen Stadt": is a historic novel by a German author, she studied Anglistics and medievil history and writes mostly about English kings  and queens. She does a good job with it. Unfortunately the presentee has already read it, but she will give it in other caring hands I'm sure. (And get something else, another day from me) She wants to see BL too and maybe we have a new member in the future.

Stephen Fry - "Der Sterne Tennisbälle": should be translatable without my help ;) Got a new owner and was more quietly excepted.

Amos Oz - "Eine Geschichte von Liebe und Finsternis": my new addition to my shelves. I had an eye on it for quiet some time. So now it is mine.

This results in 55 books from Charity against 95 Books from Amazon.