Gecko's Advent Calendar: Charity vs Amazon, Day 4

Assassin's Apprentice  - Robin Hobb Eine Frau   Ein Buch - Heike Blümner, Jacqueline Thomae Das Zimmer - Helen Garner

December, 4On December 11th, we have our Christmas party hat work. We will go out in the evening dining and most likely I will drink a little to much. This year all my collegues will get a special gift. I hope they will like it... My plan to by only books I like is a little bit challenged, because I know, some of them don't read, or lave genres I never read. But we will see how it goes down, next week.

Here are the books for today:

Robin Hobb - "Assassin's Apprentice": This is from my own books, the third copy I have. I love this books, and I'll give it to my best companion in Game of Thrones geekery. G.R.R. Martin loves this series and so I hope she will too.

Heike Blümner - "Eine Frau, Ein Buch": This is a really special case. A workmate of mine, who is totally convinced that books are boring. She likes to proud herself with not reading. She is not dumb but really silly. So this book states that you need just this one as in the Titel: "One Woman One Book". I think it's more a bad joke. A really bad joke.

But I found it in Oxfam and couldn't resist.

Helen Garner - "Ein Zimmer": Again a book for my own collection, which goes up on the mountain of unread books I like to climb.

This results in 32 books from Charity against 95 Books from Amazon.

"Mühsam ernährt sich das Eichhörnchen!"

"Arduous feeds the squirrel itself!"